Re: SU Rebuild Help/Lazy link

To: skillman@clark.net
Subject: Re: SU Rebuild Help/Lazy link
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:47:06 EST
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997 20:56:29 -0500 skillman@clark.net (Robert  Skillman)
writes:

>Anyway I have a choice of cork or neoprene seals for the jet gland
>seals-
>what seems to work best?

We've found the neoprene seals to work well, but always put two each at
the top and bottom of the jet. Leaks in this area can also result from
(a) the hole in the lower jet bearing having worn oval and (b) the jet
yoke securing screw (that little, square-headed thing) coming loose. To
fix this, hold the jet still by putting a small bar through the hole
midway along the jet, then tighten the yoke with a wrench).

>There is also a "lazy link" on the connecting throttle shafts which
>delays
>slightly the actuation of the front carb.

Not in our experience! Both carbs should open simultaneously/ It sounds
as though the connecting link needs adjustment to eliminate this
hesitation.

Lawrie
British Sports Cars