Re: Finish questions

To: sperling@hooked.net
Subject: Re: Finish questions
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 00:39:18 -0800
Frank,
  Bead blasting is like sand blasting, only it usually occurs in a closed
blast cabinet.
  The media or "Beads" vary; glass, plastic, etc. The media choice
depends upon the offending coating and the substrate (base material)
beneath the coating you are trying to remove. You wouldn't use a highly
aggressive media (like sand) on a lightly rusted surface, for example.
The logic being that you wouldn't want to erode any more of the substrate
than absolutely necessary.
  I recently read where some auto restorers are using a resin-based bead
media to remove paint because it didn't damage the metal beneath.
  Don't feel bad about asking questions. We all are learning here.
  My .02.

God Bless,
-Vince
'78 Midget "Betsy"