Re: the End?

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: the End?
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 18:47:35 EST

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:24:12 -0500 (EST) "W. R. Gibbons"
>My explanation is that for a considerable time, there were no
>new
>roadsters.  If you wanted a roadster, you had to resurrect an LBC.
>That
>drove prices up.  Then came the Miata, and more lately the BMW,
>Mercedes,
>and the Boxster.  Some of the Miatas are now falling into the moderate
>price range.  I think there is a certain class of owner that wants an
>open
>sports car, and does not much care where it comes from, or if it is
>old or
>new, if it does what he wants.  He now can choose an LBC or any of a
>variety of newer competitors.

Excellent insight!  This was one of the reasons I bought my MGA in 1986.
Just about the only convertible you could buy at the time was a Chrysler
LeBaron, and lord knows I didn't want to do that!  Now, this is not the
only reason I keep it, obviously, but I might have gone down a completely
different path if a used Miata had been available at the time.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX