Re: For your information/info bout TC's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: For your information/info bout TC's
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 28 Jan 1997 14:58:23 -0600
In <199701281937.LAA22100@dfw-ix10.ix.netcom.com>, David Deutsch wrote:
>I have recently acquired a stack of books one being "complete book of
>collectable cars 1940-1980" published 1982 and am finding some stuff
>amusing and interesting so I thought I'd share a little:
>
>Prices / Projection
>Restorable $3,500-$4,000
>Good       $6,000-$7,000
>Excellent  $12,000-$18,000
>5 year projection +50%

Riiight.  Shows ta go you how valuable the car-price guides are.  The
low end has gone up to about $5-6,000, the high end to about $24,000
but that's over 15 years, not five.  All old car prices are
demand-driven.  LIke my Uncle Howard said of his 1908 Sears buggy,
"What's it worth?  It's worth whatever some fool is willing to pay for
it!"  Over the last 20 years TC prices have gone up a bit due to
comparative rarity and somewhat higher resto expenses.  TD's haven't
appreciated in the least (and in fact have dropped when considering
inflation) and TF's also appear to have dropped.

Don't get into them for the money, it won't happen.
                        A. B. Bonds