TC rear hub oil leak - #3

To: damitdick@juno.com (W. J. Richard Criswell)
Subject: TC rear hub oil leak - #3
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 19:16:23 +1100 (EST)
        Dick

        Thanks for your suggestion.

        This is the sort of repair that we have all done to keep our cars going.
        I guess I'd like a permanent fix although along the same lines I
        remember many, many yeas ago highway driving approaching an intersection
        at some speed going for the brake only to find that the brake pedal had
        fallen off.

        Stopped with engine compression and the handbrake to find that the pedal
        shaft had worked its way loose and the pedal had come adrift.

        A bit of fencing wire snaffled from the side of the road and wired that
        baby back on. Stayed like that for about 10 years until the next
        re-build.

        Sometimes a temporary repair becomes somewhat permanent.

        Paul