Re: TC rear hub oil leak

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: TC rear hub oil leak
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:30:44 -0800 (PST) (20:30 UT)
>> I reckon diff oil is leaking past the oil seal, working its way through the
 > axle splines where it force fits into the rear hub. Tell tale signs being
 > oil slung to the outer wheel rim after running down the wheel spokes. Not a
 > lot but persistent despite replacing the rear oil seal and rear hub gasket
 > more than once in an attempt to fix it.

 As Geoff Love states, the correct and permanent fix is the Phil Marino
 tapered axle installation plus his modern lip seal axle nuts. He is at
 909 352 4419 and a master machinist. He has probably done 100 such axle
<conversion, plus other TC parts he has invented.

 And the traditional fix is a Kotex in the hub.  It's worth it to be able
to stand in line at Sav-on and state in loud and embarassed voice:
"It's not for me...     ...it's for my car!"  (Well at least for the
males of our species!)

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*