Re: TC rear hub oil leak

To: homestay@infolearn.com.au
Subject: Re: TC rear hub oil leak
From: damitdick@juno.com (W. J. Richard Criswell)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:16:14 EST
Paul...

As an old TC driver I solved the problem this way.  I degreased and
cleaned the axle and hub assembly. Then I worked silicone sealant into
the axle splines from the outside of the hub and left plenty of sealant
all around the axle and a joining hub surface.

Then, since we all know the DC is a lady, I stuffed sanitary napkins
inside the hub to absorb any fluid that escaped into the hub.

Dick 8>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, CA
Have MG will travel