American MGB Association 1997 National Convention

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: American MGB Association 1997 National Convention
From: AMGBA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 15:18:37 -0500 (EST)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: The American MGB Association at 1-800-723-MGMG

The American MGB Association's 20th Annual National Convention for the MGB,
MGB-GT & Midget

Palo Alto, California on September 6 - 7, 1997.

MG sports car production as we know it was discontinued in 1980 with the
closing of  the famed Abingdon-On-Thames works in the United Kingdom. But
these modern  day classics are being preserved forever here in North America
by members of  the American MGB Association. There recently has been renewed
enthusiasm with the introduction of new MG models in England.  Headquartered
in Chicago, the AMGBA serves enthusiastic MGB, MGB-GT, and MG Midget owners
throughout the USA, Canada and throughout the world. Each year, the AMGBA
holds its National Convention. This year's event, the twentieth annual, is
scheduled for September 6 -7 in Palo Alto, California.

The 1978 initial gathering was held in Chicago. In 1979 and 1980 the AMGBA
National Conventions were held in New York state, in Ithaca and Glens Falls.
The organization's growth and success led to renting the world famous
 Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway in 1981 for that year's AMGBA National
 Convention. In 1982, the AMGBA held its first National Convention outside
 the USA in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. In the years 1983 and 1984, the AMGBA
went west for the first time in Lake Tahoe, California and Boulder,
 Colorado. In 1985, the AMGBA held two conventions in Santa Barbara,
 California and Abingdon, Illinois. In 1986, we visited Texas during its 150
year anniversary in San Antonio, Texas and in 1987 we visited the Saratoga
 Springs area of beautiful upstate New York. In 1988, the convention site was
Kansas City, Missouri. In 1989, we visited the Great Northwest part of our
country in Springfield, Oregon.

In 1990 the convention was held in Atlanta, Georgia which was a first for the
Southeast portion of the country. In 1991 we returned to the site of our
first convention in Chicago and in 1992, we returned to the West Coast to the
beautiful San Francisco Bay area in Palo Alto, California. In  1993,  we
traveled to New England at  Keene, New Hampshire / Westminster, Vermont,  the
site of  the Westminster MG Museum.  In 1994, we went for the first time to
the San Diego, California area at the world famous Del Mar race track.  In
1995 we went to Memphis, Tennessee, home of the blues and the Graceland
Mansion of  Elvis Presley.  In 1996 we joined with all of the major MG clubs
in North America for MG Indy '96 in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Indy 500
track.

And in 1997, we will be on the West Coast in the San Francisco area at Palo
Alto, California on September 6th & 7th.

It promises to be a great time and a memorable experience for all that
attend. For more information contact the above or write to the American MGB
Association, P.O. Box 11401, Chicago, IL 60611 or call 1-800-723-MGMG.

NOTE:  IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO WAIT FOR MORE DETAILS IN THE NEXT ISSUES OF THE
OCTAGON, YOU CAN CONTACT US TO BE PUT ON THE MAILING LIST FOR MORE INFO.