Re: Yugo stories

To: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: Yugo stories
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 15:48:33 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Ross Overcash wrote:

> >I'll probably get slammed for this but why would anyone spend $20000 for a
> car and put it on a pedastel as a museum piece, not to be registered or
> driven???? No one that owns an MG would do that, right??

I met a fellow a few years back who had three new GM triple white
convertibles he bought new when he thought they would never be made again
-- a Caprice, a Riviera, and (I think) and Olds.  Drove them home and
stored them.  To each his own.

One of our grad students has for sale an 84 Corvette, loaded, completely
original, which has been driven 15000 miles in 12 years.  He bought it
used, from a fellow who would not touch the finish with his bare hands.
It is splendid, and for sale for about half the price of a new one.  If I
liked Vettes more, or money less, I would buy it and make him weep by
driving it in the rain.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910