BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:10:23 -0700 (MST)
     From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
     Date: Sat, 01 Feb 97 17:30:12 PST
     Subject: help with trunk seal problem

I have a really stupid problem.

I just replaced the trunk seal on my car. The original one was on the
lid, the new one's on the body.  The problem is, now the lid now
doesn't line up with the body panels.  It bows in the center between
the hinges, on the sides and at the lower corners If I latch the
trunk, with requires a little push now, will the lid end up
permanently distorted?  Should I re-align the hinges and lock so the
lid doesn't bow? (My guess is that the lid won't seal properly, and
the body panels still won't line up.)  I assume the problem is because
the old seal was distorted from years of wear.  And that given time,
the new seal with settle in.  I just don't want to end up with a wonky
trunk lid.  What should I do???  Please don't suggest putting the old
seal back in.  I pretty much trashed it taking it out.

Please respond directly to me since I am on the digest.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

Joseph
67 Roadster.