Re: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

To: rwbmg@voyager.net
Subject: Re: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:58:16 EST
I was flipping through an old (c)1963 car magazine recently and saw an ad
for a device that fit on the front bumper of an MGA.  It was a vertical
bar that came up as high as almost to the top of the grill.  It was
apparently hinged at the bottom of the bar where it was attached to the
bumper.  According to the copy, it was connected to the car's horn.  It's
purpose was to honk the car horn if someone was backing up to park in
front of the car.  This was particularly useful to startle parallel
parkers who liked to back up until they actually bump the car behind
them.  Anybody ever see one of these?

David Littlefield
Houston, TX