Re: Help! Brake retaining clip.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Help! Brake retaining clip.
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 09:32:04 -0400
Eric,

        I was also stumped by this one as well. I broke one clip and then asked
the wisdom of the MG list.

        The answer is to place one tab into the groove and using a small
screwdriver, pry each of the remaining tabs into the groove. I tried all
other methods but this one seems to work.

Regards,
Bob

>Date: 01 Feb 97 20:44:11 EST
>From: Eric Murphy <73042.3347@CompuServe.COM>
>Subject: Help! Brake retaining clip.
>
>       I've just replaced the rear driver side brake cylinder on my '75 B. How
>in the *%$#$ do you get the retaining clip back on? It's the one theat
holds the
>clyinder on, behind the brake backplate and above the bleed screw. Anyone
know?

>                               Eric Murphy  73042.3347@Compuserve.com

Bob Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada - The "Proper" Sunbeam Man!
1953 Alpine MK I, 1954 Talbot 90 MK IIA DHC & Saloon & '73 + '79 Midgets
Sunbeams at: BATANS: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html