Re: Help! Brake retaining clip.

To: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>, Eric Murphy <73042.3347@CompuServe.COM>,
Subject: Re: Help! Brake retaining clip.
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 07:00:51 -0500 (EST)
At 07:25 PM 2/4/97 GMT, Paul Hunt wrote:

>>      I've just replaced the rear driver side brake cylinder on my
>> '75 B. How
>> in the *%$#$ do you get the retaining clip back on? It's the one
>> theat holds the
>> clyinder on, behind the brake backplate and above the bleed screw.
>> Anyone know?
>>
>>                              Eric Murphy
>73042.3347@Compuserve.com
>>

>Try turning it over, I believe these clips are dished.
>

>PaulH
>73 Roadster (HD&H)
>75 V8 (DD)
>

>Eric,
can't help with the clip, last time I did this was a number of years ago and
after a lot of choice I words I did get them on.  Anyway, I hope you are
replacing both wheel cylindars?  The expense is justified, my experieince
has found thast what you do to one side needs to be done to the other,
becuase you will end it doing it soon anyway.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca