SU needle assistance needed

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU needle assistance needed
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:33:23 +0100
I don't have any clue to the symptoms George Merryweather described, -
as he seems to have checked about everything -  but while we're on the
subject, does anybody have a SU needle chart to explain the difference
in needles to be used?

Here's the problem: I have the twin SU HS4's with FX (instead of No:5
needles) and K&N air filters. Otherwise standard engine. Someone
suggested to use the richer needles, No:6, for this setup. I can follow his
advice, since I have a slight lag in acceleration between 1500-2500 RPM.
Richer needles could cure the problem.

But what is exactly the difference between FX, No:5 and No:6 needles?
Anyone?

Thanks,

Bert Otten
'66 B