Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

To: macy@bbl.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: Blue Ridge Parkway
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:36:09 -0500 (EST)
Larry,
  I'm not that familiar with the "yankee" (ie. northern end), but on this end
there are several points on or near the Parkway, worth looking out for.
  Little Switzerland NC,
  Mount Mitchell NC
  Mt. Pisgah look out
  Devils Courthouse
   Biltmore House, Asheville NC,
  Cherokee Indian Resevation

  If you plan to continue touring after exiting the Parkway at Cherokee NC
(the southern terminus) let me suggest a ride along US 441 into Gatlinburg
TN. At the top of the ridge line, known as Newfound Gap, you will find
Clingmans Dome obsevation tower. On a clear day (of which we in the South are
frequently blessed with) you can see into four states.  Gatlinburg TN, while
primarly a "touristy" place, is worth the drive. And if shopping is your (or
Janet's) thing, just a short way, you will find Pigeon Forge TN. A famous
(infamous?) outlet shopping mecca. I know, my other half manages to get me up
there about once ever six months. Oh, well. There is also Dollywood.

Enjoy,

Rick Morrison