Re: Electric heaters

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric heaters
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 23:28:22 -0500
> To all who replied to my electric heater question, you are correct of course,
> I didn't put my brain in gear before sending this query.....a heater that
> would do any good, would pull more amps than any generator or in my case,
> alternator could handle.....so, I'll keep on getting heat the way I have
> been, by pinning up the shifter gaiter with a closepin so some of the engine
> heat gets into the cockpit......As Rick suggest, a brewski helps as well tho
> that is getting dangerous here in Ca.

Well now wait a sec.  If your intent is to heat the whole passenger
compartment up to a nice toasty temperature, you're right.  But if all
you want to do is warm you up, low power electric heaters can work quite
well.  I run a special low power heated vest and chaps on my motorcycle
when I decide to go riding all over gods creation in the bitter cold and
snow.  Keeps me quite warm, without running down my electrics, which on
a motorcycle aren't exactly large.

So, will a little ole electric heater sitting way over there on the dash
do much for you?  No.  But drop that little ole electric heater down
your shirt and it just might.