Re: MGB axle nut size

To: gmapes@ball.com (Glenn Mapes), mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mgs)
Subject: Re: MGB axle nut size
From: car@texas.net (Carol)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:34:52 -0600 (CST)
I think I can answer this one, Glenn! (That's a first: Me 'answering' a
question!)

IF it's like the MGA axle nut, it's actually 1-59/64" or 1-61/64". It's odd
and it's 8-sided.

The Hi-Lo parts lady figured out that a 4-wd socket fit the nut! It cost
$20, but it worked like a charm. I carried that nut all over town trying to
find a socket to fit before she came up with that idea.

Hope this helps!

Carol