SU needle length

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU needle length
From: Adam Harmon <cyberman@mail.bright.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 09:09:07 -0500 (EST)
I just received a set of new needles for my H6's.  They are both marked RH
which is what I wanted, but one is about 1/4" longer then the other.  The
RH markings for each are on different locations on the base, probably
meaning they were produced at different times.  Can I assume that since the
tip area will never be near the jet opening that both should work the same?
Are the needles calibrated from the base down or from the tip up?  The
shorter of the two is the same length as the OA6 (AO6?) that I'm replacing.

Bob Skillman Ellicott City, MD  47TC, 59MGA twin cam, 68 MGC

    They are different lengths as Mgs needed to pass California emmisions.
One needle will cause it to run leaner.  You should be ok as long as you use
the same needle length (assuming your using a dual carb)  also these are
made to be adjusted once installed in the carb, so refere to your manual.