Re: Names and all that sort of thing

To: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 19:31:37 -0500
At 10:29 AM 2/11/97 -0800, nolan penney wrote:
>>I have been following the thread on LBC and other vehicle names.  There
>>seems to be a feeling that a lot of LBC names don't exactly have a macho
>>connotation.
>
>Absolutely!  Spitfire, named after some clapped out airplane.  Jaguar.
Jaguar?  WHo on
>earth would want a car named after a kitty cat?

I think the Swallow Sidecar Co. had a problem with the name SS during the
war. (SS was not super sport like in the U.S., the German meaning was felt
in Britain) so they changed their name to Jaguar. Remember when Kimber and
company were burning up the world with MG sports cars, Jaguar was making
side cars for cycles. But you all know that after reading MG history, and
watching  Inside the Octagon

Mike