Re: Names and all that sort of thing

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:18:31 -0800
> I don't know, the Dodge Neon sounds really bad to me

I must confess, I rather like their goofy ads and the name.

I get really tired of all the "tough" names, especially the backwards looking
ones.  I know what a LeMans was, and it wasn't this little tiddler that call it
today.  Same the Bonny, the Mustang II (god that *hurt*), the Charger.  Oh, the
Charger, why didn't they just let that name die a dignified death!  A castrated
unich of a car now.

I don't know.  I think if I was much of a chest beater when it came to manly
named cars and other such imagery, I wouldn't be interested in things like
lbc's.
Maybe bbc's, like certain jags and such.  But then it would only be to shove a
Chevy engine into it.

What the heck.  I've owned one v-8 in my life.  And feel no need to own
another.
I have more fun playing around with these goofy little cars and their buzzing
little four bangers.  True, the most "rumble" I can muster with one sounds like
wet kitten sneezing.  But I can eat alive the kid with the Nova as soon as
there's a turn in the road.  Drag race?  Sure!  One block straight, one block
left. <g>

Me and my Crixs, the spitball, my wifes yoder truck and the Chuck Wagon.  Not
too
tough sounding eh? :)