Re: Movie Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Movie Cars
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:31:56 -0500
I have been following the various movie car threads and thought I would
report on a couple I have spotted in the past few days.

Did anyone catch the first episode of "The 450 from Paddington" on the
Agatha Christie "Miss Marple" series?  This weeks episode featured a very
nice red MGTF.  In addition there was a black Austin Somerset taxi and
another black Austin Cambridge as well as the usual Wolseley police cars.
The Somerset may have been in the preceding Poirot program.

In addition, I caught part of a British film which I think was called "The
Severed Head"  although I am not sure.  This was quite a surprise as the
principal character drove an Alvis Drophead.  Probably one of the last ones
built.  This should satisfy those of you who were briefly discussing Alvis
last week.  The show appeared to have been made in the mid to late sixties.

John McEwen