Movie Cars

To: british-cars-pre-war@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Movie Cars
From: RFeibusch@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:17:40 -0500 (EST)
There is a new Mike Myers (Sat Nite Live, Waynes World, etc.) film called
Austin Powers, International Man Of Mystery that should be coming out soon
that features a scene in Carnaby St. in 1967. We supplied  many of the cars
for this scene including all three of my Minors, five Austin Taxis, two
Gardener DD busses, an Austin A40 van, a Ford Consul, Minis, Rovers and more
for these scenes that were shot at Paramont.
I supply cars to the movie industry to augment my meager earnings as an
automotive journalist. Dem film folks pay real good, though it ain't all that
consistant.
It will be interesting to see how much is actually used in the film.  My
little grey Minor pickup has been left on the editing room floor so many
times that it is developing a complex!  They still send the cheque!
Next time you catch the Ike & Tina Turner story, What's Love Got To Do With
It, on cable,  look for the scene where the Turners open for the Stones in
London in 1968.  We supplied all of the cars for that shot, done at
Universal, as well
I've covered the Austin Powers shoot in the next issue of British Car
Magazine that , by the way, has evolved into a enthusiast based mag about the
kind of cars we like, rather than the new Jag rag and Range Rover rooter that
it used to be. Rick-Bob says "check it out!"  See you on the Funway!
Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
http://www.EnglishCars.com/rick.html
mailto:RFeibusch@aol.com