Re: Frustrated by ignitions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frustrated by ignitions
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 07:48:30 -0800
>Ur,Ur,Ur, but no Vroom!
>
>You say the car cranks but won't start.

A simple trick I have used to make a quick determination if I have a spark
is to squirt a little starter fluid into the carbs.  If the engine pops &
runs for a few seconds & then dies I figure I have a fuel problem.  If it
does not run at all I know I have (at least) an ignition problem.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Department of Human Factors & Systems           Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA