Re: MGB Seatbelt recall recalled...

To: engconn@infi.net
Subject: Re: MGB Seatbelt recall recalled...
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 19:20:41 -0500
At 09:30 PM 2/12/97 -0500, Geoff Love wrote:
>Leckstein wrote:
>>

>> On my TC there is a plate that guarantees the car as long as the "plate" is
>> not removed. The factory tel. # 251 is on the guarantee plate. However, no
>> one answers!
>> You would expect that someone should stand behind that guarantee after 50
>> years! I change the oil religiously.
>>
>> Mike
>
>That's O.K.. I removed the plate when I rebuilt my TD, but I put it back
>exactly as they installed it in the first place.  I'm sure they wouldn't
>know.  Try phoning again!
>
>Geoff Love, The English Connection.
Geoff,
 They can tell. A proper restoration on a T type is done around the plate,
so as not to void the guarantee. On an MGA, you restore the car around the
wiper motor, because once the car is together, you can't get to it!

On a MGB you restore the car around the windshield, as threads on this list
make clear.

Mike