Jaguar/cheetah

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Jaguar/cheetah
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:13:59 -0500
At 07:59 PM 2/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
ably be discussing der
>Volkes "Focke" or perhaps der Mercedes "Wulfe".  A Jaguar is one of the
>fastest, if not the fastest animals living, an attribute,(speed), shared

 It seems to me both the names are entirely
>appropriate, as possibly,was (is) the name Mustang, ( a horse a lot
>slower than a Jaguar) both of which I have driven and flown.
>
>Geoff Love, The English Connection.

Geoff,
  A jaguar is a South American cat resembling a leopard and not particularly
fast. As a jungle cat it IS quick, but could not run down a mustang. The
cheetah  is the 'fastest' animal, but even its speed is sustained only in
burst. I remember that there was a car called the Cheetah, who made it?
Also, the Ocelot?
 Michael, New Bern, NC