Re: Names and all that sort of thing

To: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Subject: Re: Names and all that sort of thing
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:30:02 +1100 (EST)
G'day Geoff

You've flown a Spitfire? What can I say - you're nothing short of a hero in
my book.

My Dad was mostly in Tobruk during the war, where he got seriously wounded,
but he spent some time in Britain during the Battle of Britain. As a lad my
Dad would tell me stories of the air battles he viewed at that time.

I used to draw Spitfires on my exercise books and can't imagine a more
beautiful airplane.

Last year when I was in England I visited the air museum at Duxford where
there was a woman pilot putting a Spitfire through its paces. Well I lay on
the grass and just watched this plane bank amd roll and dive bomb the field
for probably an hour or so.

I believe you could book a ride with her for about 8,000 pound - If I had
the money I would have done this.

That will remain a dream.

As I often say to returned soldiers - Thanks!!

Paul

>and this list would probably be discussing der
>Volkes "Focke" or perhaps der Mercedes "Wulfe".

        We almost are - what about BMW?

Paul