Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #554 Wed Feb 12 12:06:09 MST 1997

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #554 Wed Feb 12 12:06:09 MST 1997
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 17:08:37 +0000
>     Being a bit more serious, one of our club members lives in the
>     Miami area.  He knows a guy with a BEAUTIFUL vette.  This car
>     lives in a special built garage, on jackstands to avoid
>     compressing suspension, with an alarm on the building, all sorts
>     of special locks on the car, etc.
>
>     He came home one day to find the car in the garage, the opposite
>     direction, with everything in place, stands, security and all.
>     The car had 50 miles more put on it, and a not that read "We can
>     get it any time we want to"  When the desire is there, no
>     obstacle is insurmountable.  (Needless to say, he moved within
>     weeks!)

I think this officially qualifies as an "urban legend".  I heard the
same story, set in Miami also, except that it was a Mercedes chained
between two palm trees.  Owner comes home, finds the car turned the
other way, rechained, with a note that says "When we want it, we'll
get it."
   Any other good car-related myths out there?  Feel free to modify
the stories to include LBC content, since they're not true anyway..
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com