Real Car Movies on tape

To: British-cars@Autox.Team.Net, guru@well.com,
Subject: Real Car Movies on tape
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:15:40 -0500 (EST)
Now that the MG list has a thread going on cars in Movies, it would be timely
to offer you all something that courtesy of that intrepid Riley Man, Mr. John
Hardy.

John sent over a copy of the movie "The Green Helmet" reputed to be Peter
Egan's favorite sports car movie.  Its a British film and this review is out
of Races, Chases & Crashes, a complete guide to car movies and biker flicks
by Dave Mann and Ron Main.  Published by Motorbooks.

"The Green Helmet, 1961, Here is a British film about a race car driver.  The
cast includes Bill Travers, Nancy Walters, Ed Begley, and racing legend Jack
Brabham.  This is one of the few movies that features Jaguar roadracers. "

It period, Black and White and features a drive in the Mille.  Very enjoyable
even if some of the race scenes are speeded up for effect.  As a bonus also
on the tape is a BBC dramatization of Sir Henry Berkins life....he was one of
the Bentley Boys and tried unsuccessfully to get W.O. to embrace the
supercharger.  Another bonus is a BBC special on the Bugatti Owners club meet
in Venice.

The original tapes are in the PAL system and I've had them converted to NTSC
and can offer you a copy at $29.95 (my cost and a little to pay back John for
his postage) which includes the tape and postage within the USA.

Of course, they can also be copied in the PAL system as well.

If you'd like a copy, let me know......Sorry about this semi-commercial but
I've been looking for a copy of The Green Helmet for a number of years.....

Terry