Re: How do you ship a basket case?

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do you ship a basket case?
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:12:34 PST
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:05:57 -0500 (EST) Trmgafun@aol.com writes:
>Is there anyone out there who has attempted to ship an LBC basket case
>from
>the United  States (midwest) to Europe?  When I say basket case, I
>mean a car
>that has been completely torn apart.  I know of a guy who wants to

Hello Scott:

Unless it's something extremely rare I doubt that it would be worth the
expense. We have shipped cargo containers and crates of goods to the old
country and it's fairly costly to do so. I have recently heard of folks
shipping LBCs back to England for around $600.00 US, which sounds quite
reasonable, but it costs that much or more to transport across North
America.

Your friend might check with some of the transporters who advertise in
Hemmings or Practical Classics.

David F. Darby
Missouri Ozarks