Some basic info for newer MG enthusiasts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Some basic info for newer MG enthusiasts
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:37:11 -0600 (CST)
Intro to MGs: Every so often I receive information requests from new
MGB owners. When I do I send them the following. I believe information
is the most important thing in keeping this hobby alive. Hope this
helps a few. Safety Fast, David Deutsch

Four main new parts vendors in US are :

Moss Motors  1-800-235-6954

Special Interest Car Parts 1-800-851-5600

Victoria British 1-800-255-0088

The Roadster Factory 1-800-283-3723 or e-mail to
TRFMAIL@internetmci.com

Some of the smaller parts suppliers are:

The Poper MG 1-800-711-3368  or e-mail propermg@aol.com

Brit-tek 1-800-255-5883

for you MGAer there is:

Scarborough Faires out of Rhode Island but it will cost you $3 to get
catalog of inventory
1151 Main st.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860
401-724-4200

for you Sprite / Midget and Mini / Morris Minor people:
Mini Mania
31 Winsor St.
Milpitas, CA 95035
800-946-2642

Call all these #s and request parts catalogs, in most cases mentioning
my name will help expedite request although sometime they will say
"David who?" depends on individual on the phone.

There are a few good used parts venders for those No Longer Available
(NLA) items. I highly recommend Jim Knight's British Racing Green in
Newark, Del. 1-302-368-1117

There are 2 major National clubs, I belong to both
American MGB Association (website:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/amgba.html)
and
North American MGB Register (website:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr/index.html

There is an e-mail MG list you can get on by e-mailing to:
Majordomo@autox.team.net
Leave the subject blank
type in message area "subscribe mgs"
This will hook you into a system of over 400 MG owners
you will on a busy day recieve from 30 to 50 MG related postings to the
list. Alot is nonsense but some is very useful info.

Other MG internet information sites:
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/
http://www.team.net/sol

I have an events page at
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/clubs/deutsch.html
you can find events for British car enthusiasts from North Carolina to
s.e. Canada in the eastern States here.

"Worth looking into" publications:
"British Car - The American Magazine for MG Enthusiasts Who Love
British Cars"
1 year (6 issues) $22.95  1-800-520-8292

"British Marque Car Club News" 28 page newspaper, 1 year (11 issues),
subscribtion info available at website
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/marque