Re: towing rig

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: towing rig
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 09:52:16 -0500
>>>     i've got a bit of a delemnia here. i'm gonna be making a big move
>>>fairly soon (maybe a month or so) and i have three different vehicals,
>>>one of them being my mg midget. i also have a jeep that i figure i could
>>>fix up a tow hitch on. my question is: is there a tow bar made
>>>specifically for an mg midget that i could puchase to work with any
>>>standard towing hitch? thanx a bunch.

Depending upon the weight and towing capacity of your Jeep, you could also
rent a full bed auto trailer from Ryder (U-Haul seems to have gone to dual
ramp trailers only) and tow the Midget on that.  I worry about hiking one
end of a low car up in the air and then taking it over bumps.

Also, when we moved last, we simply had the movers put the TD in the van.
It fit nicely and they are well equipped to secure cars (especially small
ones).  If your move is being paid, I would recommend that course of
action.  Movers' ramps will support a car, so if it has power, it can even
be driven into and off the van.  Our TD had to be picked up on a flat bed
car hauler and lifted up to the level of the van bed. Cost about $50 for
that service.

Good luck.

  --Bill

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (hers, and -- hopefully -- soon to go under the knife)
'77 MGB (ours, we needed an MG while waiting for the TD)