RE: MGB Headers and Exhaust Systems

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGB Headers and Exhaust Systems
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:41:00 -0800 (PST)
Cheap way would be to install a trick header ~80 and a monza or ANSA glass
pack exhaust ~100. The cheap trick header has small diameter ports so it's
not a performance piece but the free flow exhaust sounds nice. Most of the
ansa and monza exhausts will require some work to get the brackets to line
up correctly(I've heard that the ansas may fit better). If you go with the
mild steel trick header, strip the paint with a chemical striper and paint
with high temp paint that bakes on.
Other than that, you could buy a stainless system for a bit more. Chrome
headers are also available but they crack. Seven Enterprises has a nice
selection of exhausts and headers. If I were to buy a system now, I would
get a higher quality mild steel performance header and jet-coat it (ceramic
coating) rather that spend more money on the stainless version and connect
it to an ansa or some glass pack system with a larger diameter pipe.

Chris Reichle