RE: Front suspension, 1969 MGB

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Front suspension, 1969 MGB
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:24:00 -0800 (PST)
Sounds like worn kingpins or tie rod ends. Jack up the front of the car and
look at the bottom of the kingpin while someone pulls and pushes on the
bottom of that tire. You may see a little slop between the pin connected to
the pan and the swivel arm. For the tie rod ends, jack up the front and lock
the steering wheel. Pull and push on the front of the tire as if to steer
the car and you may see a bit of slop in the tie rod end. Replace tie rod
ends, to rebuild king pins you will need a king pin reamer or have them sent
out to apple hydrolics. Rebuilt units are also available from vicky brit/
Moss. If you end ip doing the kingpins, replace all rubber in the front
suspension and I would recommend v8 a arm bushes over stock

Chris Reichle