Priming oil pump on rebuilt motor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Priming oil pump on rebuilt motor
From: rusty@praxis.net (Rusty Jackson)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:47:51 -0800
Hi. I have the list sent to my e-mail address every day and really enjoy
the dialogue. I've just completed a warmed up "B" motor and forgot to
prime the oil pump! Can anybody recommend a good way to prime the pump
after the fact? I disconnected the oil lines at the block and spun the
motor over with the plugs removed and the ignition disconnected but don't
get much oil to flow. Should it shoot out and hit the side of the wheel
well or just dribble down the side of the block? Any help on this would
be much appreciated! Thanks again, Rusty Jackson 71 GT, 74 TR6