Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 07:37:11 -0800
The problem is if the people overseas got more wages they would just
have to pay more for everything they buy 30 years ago I was making$1.85
an hour and I could live on it Today i make 10 times that and am
struggling The problem is that everyone in the process wants to make a
big profit the manufacturer,the importer,the store that sells it
here,not to mention all the taxes paid along the way the whole system is
riddled with greed and we would like to buy american but find that we
really arent when you discover parts in the "american" product which is
made elsewhere.I don't know the answer if we boycott foreign products
that will put people on the street,if we buy the products that could
replace our jobs and put us on the streets.As for badmouthing the unions
They have produced the middle class and have allowed the most people to
live decent lives in history they are not perfect but I don't want to go
back to the labor conditions of last century and it seems we are heading
that way....Pat