Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: "Made in "Chaiwan!"
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:25:24 -0500 (EST)
First of all, Ross, thanks for not flaming me.

I agree with most of what you said, but I would like to quote something you
said - "they work or starve." That was my whole point. Just by taking jobs
away, their problems are made worse, not better. Much more needs to be done.

As we write these messages, there is an international conference on child
labor and abuse going on in Amsterdam. I heard a report this morning on NPR
(National Public Radio), and the experts at this conference came to the same
conclusion I did. Under the current conditions, the only option to long
working hours for children is a life of crime and hunger, even to the point
of starvation.

As I said before, I certainly am no expert, and I don't have the answers, but
I don't believe taking their jobs away is the answer. Hopefully, some answers
will come from the conference.

With that said, I will conclude any comments on this subject, and get back to
something I do understand - MGs.

With apologies to the group,

Dan Masters