MGF Sighting in U.S. -Reply

To: cdelling@srv1.ic.net
Subject: MGF Sighting in U.S. -Reply
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:38:12 +0100
>>> "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@srv1.ic.net> 97-02-27  14:19
>>>wrote:

-SNIP -
Pulled into the visitors lot to find the only open spot was next to a BRG
MGF!

Interesting that the car was a LEFT HAND DRIVE vehicle -SNIP-

Chris,

You make it sound (read) as a sort of proof that MG is finally
contemplating exporting cars to the US.
However, I can assure you that there is a large part of the world where
they have cars which also have the steering wheel on the right side ;-)

On of these places I happen to know is Europe, and for instance in the
Netherlands, a LEFT HAND DRIVE  MGF is a quite common sight. I even
see one regularly in the street where I live. As a side note the sales
figures, in contrast to the UK, seem to be a little bit low.
One reason for this could be the fact that every respecting car
manufacturer is offering a roadster nowaday's, like the Alfa Spider, Fiat
Barchetta, Mazda MX5 (Miata), BMW Z3, Mercedes SLK and probably
more (Porsche Boxster etc) .

At a MG event last year I got the chance to drive one. Nice car compared
to an MGB! It is quiet, it accelerates better, it brakes even more better, and
the windscreen is so flat that your hair will be in the same shape as
before you got in (-:

But, ... to me it is just a new car. It probably is a lot more practical than my
MGB but it doesn't have the feel and sound I like so much in the B.
But that just my opinion YMMV.

Bert Otten
'66 B