Re: MGF Sighting in U.S.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mgs)
Subject: Re: MGF Sighting in U.S.
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:07:33 -0600 (CST)
Thomas J Pokrefke writes:

> I think everyone missed the point.  I'll bet my wad that GM imported the
> MGF for "testing".  It is common practice for car companies to attempt to
> reverse-engineer other vehicles.  I doubt that someone had imported the
> MGF to the USA for their personal driving machine, especially not with
> the Proving Grounds stickers.
>
> Just my $.03, and I'm probably wrong.

Actually, no, you're probably dead right.

No need for y'all to get excited over the fact that GM imported an MGF
for testing and evaluation.  Rover has stated time and again that the
MGF will NOT be coming stateside, but that something else wearing an
octagonal badge WILL very soon.

Patience, folks.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer in pieces (but getting there)
'72 MGB Tourer parts-o-rama

"I could go at any time..."