Made on the MGS List

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Made on the MGS List
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:10:55 -0500
Friends:

I left town for a couple of days, and when I come back, there's a hot
thread going about child labour, international trade, unionisation and
fair labour practises. Opinions sharply divided on all sides, and no
solution in sight. Whew! I read most of the posts, and here's what
really impressed me:

No flames.

I think the list should be applauded for having handled such a hot-button
issue in a civilised and rational manner, and for not getting personal
with each other about it.  I'm certain many of you subscribe to other
users groups, lists, or BBS's, and are aware that this is seldom the
practise, even amongst otherwise literate people.  A toast three-times-three
for the restraint and composure of the members of the list, and for knowing
when to take it somewhere else.

You're a great group to know.  And now back to our regularly scheduled
programme ...

Cheers,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'