Re: the french thing

To: "Richard H. Cady" <cadyxrh@ctxix.sod.eds.com>
Subject: Re: the french thing
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 13:43:56 -0700
>How many Renault R5's (LeCar) do you see on the road these days?  or Fuegos?
>  They imported a ton of these to the US in the late 70's to early 80's -
>and you don't see any on the road.  There definately not being stored away
>or restored and driven like our LBCs.
>
>Rich
>
>1970 MGB roadster

As an owner of a French car, I have to interject.  The LeCar, yes, I doubt
there are many if any road worthy cars left.  The Fuego, on the other hand,
I would not be surprised at all if there are some nut cases out there that
are holding on to one with really low miles thinking it may be a great car.
They were billed as sporty cars.

As to my French car, (the '86 Peugeot 505 Turbo Gas), well I bought it cheap
and expect problems.  When it starts (that is its key problem right now), it
is a wonderful car.  Has a great stereo, very good acceleration (especially
for a heavy 4 door) once the turbo kicks in, has functioning climate
control.  All this on a mediocre car from the mid '80s.  I hope Peugeot does
come back to the U.S. someday.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB