Seals/Suppliers

To: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Seals/Suppliers
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 13:05:59 -0800
On March 1 Joseph Ciancitti wrote:

1)  Is there a supplier who has better rubber parts than Moss?  I recently
purchased an old-style boot lid seal from them (made in England, of course) and
it doesn't seem to be as squishy (sorry for the technical jargon) as the others
I've seen, or fit as well as the original.

Joseph:
A few years ago I redid the front suspension on my '53 TD, and the pedal
rubbers as well
(Moss rubber).  After one short season of MG driving (~2000 miles over 5-6
months) I
noticed that much of the rubber seamed to be drying out.  Of course it was not
bad
enough to re-do the suspension again, but the pedal rubbers were worn right
through!

At a flea market (probably Lime Rock's vintage event) I found Abingdon Spares'
booth
(tel. 603-756-4768) and I checked out their pedal rubbers--they were much
denser and
appeared more resilient than the Moss rubbers.  They are still on the car and
show only
minimal signs of wear!

Mark Sherman
'53 TD (supercharged!)