RE: Regular MGF Sightings

To: "Phil Bates" <jello@dns.ida.net>, "Phil Bates" <jello@dns.ida.net>,
Subject: RE: Regular MGF Sightings
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 04:48:29 UT
I had an 85 fiero GT with a 5 speed manual and a 2.8L V6.  It hauled ASS.  The
fiero was faster than our 82 cross fire fuel injected leather interior eat off
the engine something hundreds of HP up the wazoo (Automatic) Corvette - it was
not even a close race - it even took out the 5.0 mustangs and .  It's really
too bad that the 4 cylinder fieros got such a bad rep.  The fiero and my 69B
were the daily drivers (the vet was mostly an investment - yeah we got our
money back and then some - and to go out in on the weekends).  Alas, had to
get rid of all the two seaters (except the LBC) when my bride got in the
family way.  Got rid of the vet because it was such a pain in the ass - if
someone wasn't trying to steal it they were trying to key it and if it wasn't
either of those then they just thought you were an ass because you owned a vet
and thought you were better than everyone else - people jeezzze -- never owned
a car that conjured up so much negative emotion/vibes from folks like that
corvette!!!  Anyway - back on topic -  Wish I could have kept the Fiero though
- it was a fun car and handled like a dream (and you could fit a golf bag in
the trunk! - two if you were off to the pitch and putt!!).  It is one of the
cars I would consider owning again.

As I reflect on the above I wonder ...was there a point to this????

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst
69 C GT
69 B Rdst