RE: LBC rollbars

To: "Kelvin Dodd" <kdodd@West.net>, "Kelvin Dodd" <kdodd@West.net>,
Subject: RE: LBC rollbars
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 01:47:14 UT
This debate about roll bars and safety brings to mind an anecdote ...

I was driving down Interstate 476 towards Philadelphia about 2 months ago when
traffic came to a standstill - well, as it turns out, a dump truck fell over
on a car and crushed the car (pancake like and how it happened I cant' say) -
the traffic hold up was to clean up the mess.  Truly an unfortunate day for
the driver of that car - Hmmm <yup that's sarcasm dripping from that Hmmm>- I
wonder if a roll bar would have helped.

My advise - don't decide on a roll bar for safety reasons - wear your seat
belt and drive within your envelope instead (with the top down when possible
of course).  If a dump truck is going to fall over on you - well - I guess
that means your just going to have a bad day (with or without the roll
bar!!!!).

Safety Fast

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst