MGB oil pressure limits

Subject: MGB oil pressure limits
From: "craig wiper" <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:45:13 -0800
Hi. I have an oil pressure question to anyone who's qualified to reply.
When I first drive the car (cold), my pressure is about 60-65lbs. After the
car warms up, the pressure usually reads 50lbs and about 25lbs at idle.
Lately, as I cruise down the freeway at about 65 mph (2900 rpm in
overdrive), the gauge reads about 40-45lbs. When I drop back to about 45mph
(2400rpm in 4th gear) the pressure goes back up to 50lbs and stays. If I
accelerate above about 2400rpm to around 3000rpm or so, the pressure gauge
drops back to about 40-45lbs. The car is burning less oil than it ever has.
There is no visible sign of anything out of the ordinary. And the car seems
to be running better lately than it ever has.

Anyone have any ideas on this subject? Is my engine wearing out, etc.,
etc...? What is the oil pressure limit before major work has to be done?
(Again, the car has more power and seems to be running better than it ever
has!)

Thanks for any advice,

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net