And That's How It All Started

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: And That's How It All Started
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 09:50:05 -0500 (EST)
About nine years ago, a friend, who lived in Florida at the time, stopped by
to visit while he was in town.  It was springtime, and we were talking about
old times and of course cars became a topic.  He told me that a friend of his
in St. Charles, Missouri, was selling his 1972 Triumph GT6 MKIII.  I asked
him the usual questions about the price and condition, then I made the
comment "gee, that sounds like a fun car, I'd like to have something like
that to tinker with", then the subject changed to something else.

A few weeks later, I got a phone call from my friend, who gave me an update
on the cars condition and price.  It sounded like a pretty good deal, so I
decided to go to the library and do some research on this car.  After reading
a few articles, I decided that this would be a fun car to fix up and drive.
 I got the OK from my wife and before I knew it, the car was sitting in my
garage.  You should have seen my wife's face when I pulled up in front of the
house with the car sitting on a trailer, the night I brought it home.  "You
paid $1500 for this!??!"  Well I guess I may have exaggerated about the car a
little, and the pictures in the books did look a little (a lot??) nicer than
the one I brought home.  But in my eyes it had plenty of hope.

I spent the next 12 months working nights and weekends (and spent equal time
with the family) on this labor of love and when I was finished, my wife
realised what my eyes saw in the car all along.  For two summers, we had lots
of fun with that car.

Since then, I've traded that car in on other LBC projects and have wondered
why am I so attached to these cars?  Then one day my Mom (bless her heart)
stopped by the house with a small box that she found while cleaning the
attic.  I opened the box and to my suprise, found all the little cars that I
had played with when I was a little kid.  A Jaguar XK120, XKE roadster, XKE
coupe, MK10, MK1 saloon, Triumph TR2, Bentley, Astin Martin, MG's, Ford
Corsair, and it all came back to me.

And that's how it all started.

Scott in Northern Indiana  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM
1958 MGA  HDA4346400
1958 TR3A TS35306L
1958 100/6  BN4L 0 49881
IF IT'S AN LBC?  IT'S INTERESTING TO ME!!
Don't forget British Car Week May 12th to 18th all you have to do is drive
your car to celebrate!!