Re: Hoods / and other stuff

To: gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hoods / and other stuff
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 04:39:07 -0600 (CST)
How long should or could, with the right care, a hood (top) last? I do
not see many Bs with canvas hoods, other than the mohair (brushed,
stayfast) canvas. The 65 midget project car I own, had a white canvas
one on it, that previous owner said was approx. ten years old. It had
several rips in it caused by falling branches from tree it was under.
Tryed removing it(stowaway) and it just cracked and crumbled. I always
like "the look" of canvas but are there any tips or secrets on care and
maintenance out there?

I'm going to look at a bunch of cars in CT today. I posted the list of
cars last week and roused my own curiosity. I'll be the eyes of any one
who was concidering having look at these.

I've been quiet lately as my search for a job has soured my outlook on
life, people and the world. I'm working a very "unrewarding" job now as
I continue my search for something more better :). I can only tell you,
that I was a much more generous (probably too generous) as an employer
than the people who I've interviewed with lately.

My 75B should be back by the end of of the month. I'll have much more
to say once I'm MG driving again.

As far as Goeff Love's comment on Sacred Octagon publication, he
intitled to his opinion as is Mike Leckstein.

Had enough? Safety Fast, David Deutsch