Re: Ignition coils and SUs

To: gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition coils and SUs
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 05:00:04 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-08 18:47:57 EST, gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu (Jurgen
Hartwig) writes:

<< Quick question:

 Having problems getting the car started...

SNIP

 I know it's either gas or ignition.  I was able to get it started after
 a few minutes, but it ran really rough, hinting me to ignition.  I
 assume I'm heading in the right direction.  I'm thinking of just yanking
 some of the old ignition components(ignition coil, points, cap, rotor),
 and just replacing them all at once.  They are really old, and I know
 the coil is as old as the car(it's a '70).  What do you guys think?  I
 don't have any place except a parking garage to work in, I have no time
 because Finals are coming up, so I figured rip-out and replace is the
 way to go.

 Jay >>

Jay,

 I don't envy your position. Haste and shot gun replacement are a rough way
to go. It
 also can sour you on an otherwise, good car.

 If you can, ride a bike to class for your finals and take a little time
later so you don't
 throw money at the car unnecessarily.

 Check that spark before you tear into the ignition.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget