Re: Hoods

To: MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hoods
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 12:39:43 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-08 16:46:52 EST, MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net (Mark
Sherman) writes:

<< Any advice out there on re-dying a canvas hood?
 My TD has a black canvas hood that is in good condition except it is so
 faded on the outside that it is almost back to natural. (Inside, it is
 jet black.)  Has anyone had any experience re-dying a hood black?

Mark, you might try this (I did and it helped) , go down to your local art
supply store.  Buy a tube or bottle of Acrylic Black oil paint (I think, its
been a long time)...anyway this stuff will dissolve in water.  Mix up a batch
and paint it on, the water evaporates leaving the Acrylic dye.  Improves the
color and waterproofing too.  There is an old tech tip on this some where in
my great pile of techtips!  Some day I'm going to organize them!!
Cheers
Terry