clothing interiors/cockpit covers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: clothing interiors/cockpit covers
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 97 09:41:51 PST
Two semicontroversial questions:

At last year's Palo Alto show, I saw an early MGB roadster with cloth
upholstery
that was patterned after the original, piping and all.  What a great idea!
Cool
in the summer. Warm in the winter.  Won't shrink in the cold. Won't crack in
the
heat. If it gets wet, it just dries out.  Of course, it was a custom job. Well,
I contacted the place where it was done and it cost around <gasp> $400 a seat.
Would anyone know if there's a company that pre-makes cloth upholstery kits,
ala
Moss?

I saw a Miata that had a cover on it that was similar to a boat cover. It went
over the windshield, vecroed at the mirrors and cliped on the rear deck. It
would be perfect for the B.  And a lot easier to live with than than the
tonneau.  No snaps. No zips.  And water would just roll off like a roof, only
there's no framework.  Called Covercraft and they make them for a few cars,
just
not MGB's.  Anyone know if there's another company out there that makes these
sort of things?

Joseph
67 Roadster
(My apologies to the purists out there)