WAS: Other French things; NOW, Heaven & the other place

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WAS: Other French things; NOW, Heaven & the other place
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:06:27 -0500 (EST)
At 11:15 AM 3/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a Motobecane, and I must say that I find French engineering to be
>absolutely amazing.

     <<snip>>

>but my impression is that the French approach the
>engineering problem from an entirely different angle, perhaps having
>something to do with man's place in the universe. I may not agree, but
>it is a refreshing change of pace.
>
>Jim Blackwood, Esq.
>'71 V-8 MGB roadster

===Reply===

Puts me in mind of the joke (with many, MANY apologies to European listers
-- all in fun :^)  --
What's a European's idea of heaven?  It's where the English are the police,
the French are the cooks, the Swiss are the bankers, the Italians are the
lovers, and the Germans are the engineers.

What's a European's idea of hell?  It's where the English are the cooks, the
French are the engineers, the Swiss are the lovers, the Italians are the
bankers, and the Germans are the police.

Flame away . . .

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com